A modular data center is one that is portable and exists at any location that requires data capacity.
This type of data system comprises modules and components with purpose-engineering. Modular Data Centers provide scalable data center capacity with a range of power and cooling options.
The Advantages of a Modular Data Center
Modular data centers have a number of advantages including:
- They are made with standardized components, which means that are easier and less expensive to build.
- They are more energy efficient that static data centers with specific design to utilize space more efficiently and to contain features that enhance efficiency, such as sealed floors, walls and doors and overhead or under-floor cooling.
- This use of precision airflow enables modular data centers to support 20 kWh per cabinet, or sometimes more.
- It’s a great way to add extra computing power when you lack the space or budget to build a static data center.
- Helps boost your current disaster recovery strategies.
- They come pre-assembled to plug in and you’re good to go.
Design a modular data system to suit your needs. Additionally, speed is another advantage, on average they can be set up within 3-5 months, which is much faster than fitting out a static data center.
At Data Center Resources our team has extensive experience providing data center infrastructure solutions. We are proud to say that during this time we work hard to build and maintain relationships with leading manufacturers within the data center industry, as well as develop our own specialized products.
We help you with your data center operation, Call us today.